Thursday, August 21, 2008

here turtle, turtle!!

So today we went out to feed the turtles since it was kinda overcast and a little cooler than normal! The cooler part didn't last long, but the turtles sure were happy to see us. Hopefully none of them choked on the massive sizes of bread that nate was throwing in there. Jack was very careful to make it extra small, but nate, well, he threw all caution to the wind and just went with it! It was a lot of fun. After that we went on a little nature walk and saw some other fun stuff. Nate stepped in the "swamp" as the boys called it. Jack was very worried about him... such a good big brother!

Now we're just sitting here, counting down the days of summer....















6 comments:

b.rad said...

When they get older, and we take a trip to bowie, they will be feeding those turtles a little lead!

Karen said...

I love the pic of Matty hangin over the fence. Feeding the ducks usually lasts us about 2 seconds for us. My kids always throw the bread in whole.

Jerry & Tanya said...

When I took the boys to the lake to feed the ducks, I had to keep telling them that the bread was for the ducks, but they kepted eating a piece I think to every piece they through in the water. What a blast!

Amy Jo said...

I love your pictures of the boys on the fence, just being boys. Do you ever wonder if they are thinking, "how far can I lean over before I hit the water?" They are all so cute, I can't wait to see the next one, hopefully in a girl version. Love ya and give the boys a big squeeze for us all.

polka dots said...

is matty eating the turtle bread? we have to keep matty and cole far away from each other as long as possible!

Michaelson Family said...

Toni and Dave!!!
Hey, it's Ashley (Lundeen) Michaelson. Your blog is so cute! Toni, you are such a great photographer. I wish I lived in Texas still so you could take our family portrait.
So glad I found your blog so we can keep in touch better!
Our blog is http://themichaelsonmemories.blogspot.com/