Sunday, November 1, 2009

hey, get that marble out of your mouth!

On monday before we went to Kendall's VBall game Jack kept putting a marble in his mouth. I told him at least 10 times to "get that marble out of your mouth!" And about 2 seconds later he smiled and said, "I swallowed it." I thought no big deal, it was small, kids swallow stuff all the time and they just poop it out. Apparently, this marble likes it's new home. Right between the large, and small intestine! :) We've had 2 x-rays and it's not moving. Dr's want to go in on monday and take it out. The first thought I had was no! We haven't even given him a priesthood blessing. He needs a priesthood blessing. Well, he's had one now, and I know that all will be fine. So we will go back in a week or two and get a new x-ray. In the meantime, you'll find jack eating lots of dense fiberous things such as, but not limited to: broccoli, chili, beef stew, cooked beans, raw beans, etc. Anything to help move his new little friend along.

I feel pretty confident that you won't find jack with foreign objects in his mouth anymore. That doesn't mean his brothers won't... but at least for now you won't find jack! :)


3 comments:

Jerry & Tanya said...

Jack, save the eating thing for the good stuff, like Halloween candy. Papa and Grandma will be praying that you'll be just fine.

Danielle said...

Oh No! I remember when we were little my sister swallowed a penny. I will never forget my Mom having to do the lovely chore of sifting. Hopefully everything will work out fine!

Michaelson Family said...

Oh seriously! Do kids ever stop putting things in their mouth!? Hope all is well. Keep us posted.