Sunday, March 29, 2009

parable of the ketchup...

Looking at these photos here you'd think they were having a great day!! But they are actually in timeout. Why? Well, all I can say is ketchup. After I heard what seemed to be joyous laughter that can only come from a child I stepped out of the room to take a look... and not to my surprise they were up to no good.

Apparently Jack was the brains behind this operation, although he claims to have not taken any part in it... But anyways, Nate got out one of those big 42 oz. ketchup bottles from the fridge and Jack had the great idea to have nate jump on it. Well, how could matt possibly not participate in such a fun act, so he also started stomping on the bottle (this is when I enter the room...). So as I discover this there are streams of ketchup in perfect little rows all over my living room carpet. I line them all up, sit them on the couch, and tell them to get comfy cause they're going to be sitting there for a long time!!!! Right them I hear the garage door open and I thought, "perfect timing!! Your dad's home!! He's going to teach you!!!!" I got the teach you part... just not exactly how I had expected....

Most people think David's a hard dad, but reality is that he has alternative teaching methods... like this one for example. We like to call this the parable of the Ketchup bottle:

When David came in I said, "perfect timing dad... come have a look at what they boys were doing." He didn't get upset, didn't yell, didn't scream, just said," well, I'm really disappointed. I guess we'll just have to put ketchup on their blankets!!!" And if you know our boys, their world came crashing down!!!!! Not on their blankets!!!!! Those are their prized possessions. So, he laid out the blankets one by one, came to the first, put the ketchup bottle down on the floor and proceeded to do just what they did... step on it... only he didn't realize that he has much more force than they do and what do you know.... ketchup squirted straight across the floor and right onto the side of the couch too!!!! Haha! He looked over at me with a woops look!!!

It was pretty funny! luckily the ketchup from the boys and David came up with out a problem. There are no remnants of it... just a great memory and a funny story. So next time you decide to teach your children a lesson by doing exactly what they did, just to their stuff, remember the parable of the ketchup bottle... be just a little bit more careful than they were, just pick the bottle up and squirt it on their blanket... you don't have to actually step on it!!! Haha!



4 comments:

Wendy said...

That's hilarious. Your boys are adorable.

Unknown said...

HeeHee never get tired of that story.

Karen said...

I'm glad this one is in writing. Dave is a great Dad! He's a smart Dad.

Jerry & Tanya said...

I'm telling you there is a book in your future. You guys are great! I keep telling you the key to this is, bungi cords (several might be required). Love You Guys so Much!!!!!!!!